Masks required starting July 27.
Dear YMCA Family,
The health and well-being of our members, staff and our community remains our top priority. In support of the Governor’s #MaskUpHoosiers mandate, Barbara B. Jordan YMCA will be requiring masks beginning Monday, July 27.
As our state continues to reopen for business, the Governor is reminding us the fight against COVID-19 is not over and wearing a face mask is one of the simplest, most effective ways to slow the spread of the virus. Thank you for joining Barbara B. Jordan YMCA to help keep Indiana on track and allow the Y to continue to serve our community.
Let’s have fun with the idea instead of arguing over it! Please share your reason for “masking up” on our social media. My photo will include that I do so in hopes that my family can include our aging parents in our Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations!
Here is additional information to help you prepare for your visit:
- Please remember to bring your mask starting Monday, July 27. Everyone 8 years of age and older must wear a mask to enter our Y. (There are specific exceptions for physical, medical, or health-related reasons. Please stop at the membership desk if assistance is needed.)
- Masks will be required inside the Y except when actively exercising and during brief periods of recovery (2 minutes or less) immediately after exercise or between machines during your circuit. Masks are required when preparing to exercise, when stretching, and during periods of extended rest (more than 2 minutes).
- Masks will not be required when swimming but will be required when entering and leaving the locker rooms and facility.
- Masks will be required while indoors in our youth programs for all participants ages 8 and older. Our instructors and coaches will help children know when it is okay to remove their masks during appropriate activities.
- We are continuing to take extra precautions at the Y, including health screenings, social/physical distancing, and enhanced cleaning protocols, with guidance from state and local authorities. Please join us with extra handwashing, maintaining physical distancing protocols and do not come to the Y when sick.
Thank you for your continued support for your YMCA community and our community at large, and for doing all you can to keep yourself and those you love safe and healthy.
BARBARA B JORDAN YMCA
(P) 765-342-6688 ext. 12 | email@example.com